Adanaliyik's JDownloader Guide

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by Adanaliyik, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Adanaliyik

Adanaliyik Respected Uploader

ADANALIYIK'S JDOWNLOADER GUIDE

What is JDownloader?

JDownloader is open source, platform independent and written completely in Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com - not only for users with a premium account but also for users who don't pay. It offers downloading in multiple paralell streams, captcha recognition, automatical file extraction and much more. Of course, JDownloader is absolutely free of charge. Additionally, many "link encryption" sites are supported - so you just paste the "encrypted" links and JD does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF and it's own DLC files.

Features:

* Platform independent. (Windows, Linux, Mac, ..)
    * Runs on Java 1.5 or higher
    * Complete Open-Source (GPL)
    * 24-hour support
    * Download several files parellel
    * Download with multiple connections
    * JD has an own powerful OCR module (JAntiCaptcha)
    * Decrypt RSDF, CCF and DLC Containerfiles
    * Decryptplugins for many services. e.g. sj.org, UCMS, WordPress, RLSLog….
    * Youtube, Vimeo, clipfish video and Mp3 Download
    * Automatic extractor (including password list search) (Rar archives)
    * Theme Support
    * Multilingual
    * About 110 hoster and over 300 decrypt plug-ins
    * Reconnect with JDLiveHeaderScripts: (1400 router supported)
    * Webupdate
    * Integrated package manager for additional modules (eg. Webinterface, Shutdown)
    * Supports both free users and Premium accounts.

Installation:

1. Download the latest version of Jdownloader from JDownloader.org and run the file

2. Update your Java to the latest version at Java.com

Set-Up Premium Account:

1. On the main screen, click the Settings tab, then select Plug-Ins & Add-Ons / Host / Premium

[​IMG]

2. Click Add New Account

[​IMG]

3. On the Pop-Up window, select the Host with the pulldown, then enter your login name and password for that account.

4. Click OK and you're done

5. Note that not only can you add accounts from different hosts, but you can also add multiple accounts for the same host. This is useful if your accounts have limits (such as RS). When one premium account reaches its limit, JDownloader will automatically use the next account.

Set-Up Free User Account:

There is no set up required for a free user account. However, the first time you try to download from a host, such as MU or RS, JDownloader will pop up a window saying the TOS (Terms of Service) for this host has not been signed. Just check the box saying you have read the TOS and click OK.

Initial Settings:

For most users, all the initial settings are fine, except for these two, which are in the lower right hand corner of the main screen:

[​IMG]

1. Max Con: This is how many pieces JDownloader will break a file into to download it faster. The max and recommended setting is 20. This has no effect for free users because the host limits you to 1 connection. But it makes a big difference for Premium users.

2. Max Dls: This is the number of Parts that JDownloader will download at once. Recommended setting is 3. For Premium users, this setting allows you to download multiple files at the time from the host, making the best use of your bandwidth. For free users, this allows you to download from different hosts all at the same time, instead of only from one at a time.

For additional information on Speeding Up JDownloader, see the next page, or click here: http://your360stop.com/showpost.php?p=308359&postcount=2

Using JDownloader:

Once JDownloader is installed and running, it will capture any links you copy to your clipboard and post them on the Linkgrabber tab. It will tell you the name of the parts, the size, and whether or not the file is on-line.

[​IMG]

1. Highlight either individual files, or the bar at the top of the group of files you want.

2. Right click on the highlighted files, and click either Continue with Selected Packages to download only the highlighted files, or Continue with All to download everything in the Linkgrabber screen.

[​IMG]

2a. If you want JDownloader to extract the files for you, and they have a password, you can enter it by right clicking the highlighted files and clicking Set Download Password before you click COntinue.

3. The files will automatically be moved to the Download tab and downloading should begin.

Permanently Adding Archive Passwords:

JDownloader will remember any password you Set Download Password with. However, you may want to see what Rar passwords are stored, or add some by hand. Here's how to do that:

1. Go to Settings / Passwords & Logins / Unrar/Extract

[​IMG]

2. Enter any new passwords on a separate line

The Download Tab:

This is where the downloads happen. It lists the files being downloaded, the files waiting to be downloaded, and gives a summary at the bottom of the screen.

[​IMG]

1. If no files are downloading, check the upper left corner to make sure the triangle icon (looks like a Play button) is not blue. If it is, click it to start your downloads.

2. If a download has problems, they will have a red mark on the file or group name. I won't go into all the options, but the most common are Resume, Enable and Reset.

[​IMG]

a. Enable is used if a file is grayed out.
    b. Resume is used if a file has a countdown timer to set the timer to zero. Don't use this if you are a free user "Waiting for new IP" because it will start the clock all over again.
    c. Reset is used to delete what has already been downloaded and start the file over completely. This is useful for files that error on download and you want to download them again without having to find the link all over again.

3. Files and groups can be moved up and down using the green arrows at the top of the screen, so that you favorites will download first.

4. If you have premium, and you are downloading at your Max Dls setting, you can make a file start downloading without wait, by right clicking that file and selecting Force Download. This is especially useful when you have 3 large files downloading, and want to download a DLC without waiting for one of those large files to finish.

Handling DLC Files:

DLC files should download like normal files, then open themselves up to put the Part list in the Linkgrabber tab. But, if they don't, or if they give an error, here's some things you can do:

1. When a DLC file gives an error during extract, JDownloader will perform an update a minute after that. But, it will not go back and open the DLC. So, you can go to the Download tab, right click on the DLC and click Reset to download it again.

2. If you downloaded the DLC another way, or if you don't want to Reset (free user), go to the Linkgrabber tab. click Add Container, then browse to you download folder to find the DLC file.

3. If you already have your download folder open, or you want to open multiple DLC files at once, just highlight the DLC files and drag them to the Linkgrabber.

I will add more items as more questions come up, but this should be enough to get you started.

:happy2:

1 person likes this.
  2. Adanaliyik

HOW TO SPEED UP DOWNLOADS WITH JDOWNLOADER

Premium User:

1. Enter your Premium account details on the Settings tab, under Plug-ins & Add-Ons / Host / Premium:

[​IMG]

2. Change the two settings in the lower right hand corner as follows:

Max Cons (number of parts it will break a file into and download at the same time): 20 which is the maximum

Max DLs (number of Parts it will download at the same time): 3 or 4

[​IMG]

Free User:

Free users are limited by the host they download from, not by JDownloader. JDownloader can download from multiple hosts at the same time, so why not take advantage of that.

1. Set the settings in the lower right corner to the same as #2 in Premium

2. If you are downloading multiple games, download them from 3 different hosts (RS, MU & FS) at the same time. In other words, one game from MU, one game from RS and one game from FS.

3. If you are downloading only one game, and you are downloading from someone who uses 100% Interchangeable Links like I do, split that game between the hosts. For example, download Parts 1 to 20 from MU, 21 to 40 from RS, and the rest from FS. Here's how it would work:

3a: Download and open the DLC for MU, then highlight the Parts 1 to 20 in Linkgrabber. Right click on the highlighted files and click Continue with Selected Files:

[​IMG]

3b: Download and open the DLC for RS, highlight 21-40 and do the same with them:

[​IMG]

3c: Finally download and open the DLC for FS, select 41 to the last Part, and do the same with it.

[​IMG]

This won't be as fast as Premium, but it will definitely be faster than downloading all the files from one host as a Free User.

3. Stealth

Stealth Moderator

Great thread. This will help alot of people

4. NotoriousN

NotoriousN Member

But what about the captcha I thought I read some place it auto does it, this why I like torents no captcha no probs how do I setup jdownloader for captcha auto?

5. liko2307

liko2307 Newbie

I have a problem that needs to be solved. When I try downloading anything from megaupload/keepfile/fileserve JDownloader would download the first couple of parts then start waiting for a new IP address for 10 - 12mins. I would wait for it to countdown but it keeps restarting and wont download anything anymore? I tried resetting the downloads multiple times but that doesn't work :-/ pls help me?

6. Apocalyptica

Apocalyptica Newbie

Have you tried restarting Jdownloader itself? I had to do that last week after it keep doing the IP address hang up actually had to do it twice in a row then started my downloads again and so far its holding up.

7. liko2307

liko2307 Newbie

Yea, I figured that out shortly after posting that comment. JDownloader is working fine for me now. :)

8. johnscrub39

johnscrub39 Member

Hey do you kknow how to get it to work with file serve captcha?

9. Waterplx

Waterplx Newbie

Thanks a ton for this tutorial. It was very easy to understand and very helpful. I had never used JDownloader or Rapidshare before and this got me up in running in no time.

Great Post!

10. NotoriousN

NotoriousN Member

Still no response on the captcha thought suppose to auto it doesnt!!!! I have to sit there and wait its worthless, I might as well download from browser. Is there a actual better program or site that get these games torrents where no headaches and not a pain in ass

11. johnscrub39

johnscrub39 Member

well it works for megaupload files but not fileserve which blows but hey just the way it is..Only other way is through torrents ..if u want to go that way:crying:

12. NotoriousN

NotoriousN Member

ive tried the links of people post that use both and neither has succeded, torrents are easier and faster but none of the sites have as many games as a site like this

13. Colston

Colston Newbie

Hey.. I doubt anyone will answer (Sadly :\) But I have tried everything... Was downloading assains creed brother hood, got to the almost to last file. Kept saying time limit reached, tried recconecting with auto reconnect, not working...... Reset jdwonloader 2 times... nothing... help...? :\

14. jiggyj78

jiggyj78 Newbie

Thank you for your time!!!!

15. Adanaliyik

Unfortunately, I don't read my own tutorials very often, so I haven't seen these messages. I know there is an add-on for JDownloader that's supposed to help with the Anti-Capcha, but I don't know how well, or even if it works. I will find it, and post it, but I'll need some of you to test it for me. If it works for FIleServe, it may also work for FileSonic, but again, I don't know for sure. I should have it up tonight, with hopefully some simple installation instructions.

:smile:

16. Adanaliyik

I know this response is late, but whenver you have problems like that, the first thing to do is Update JDownloader. These kinds of problems are usually caused by the host changing how it's software works, so then JDownloader has to change to match it. If you don't update, you won't keep up with the changes, and you'll start having problems. To update, simply click on the last of the picture icons, the one that looks like a globe. Then say yes when it asks if it should install whatever updates it finds.

:)

17. Adanaliyik

OK folks, I have bad news. I checked out all the Anti-Recaptcha solutions for JDownloader out there, and none of them work. As a matter of fact, they are so problematic that JDownloader completely disabled that function (even though it still shows as enabled).

The most popular and supposedly best one (luis1341) just ran for a whole hour, trying to guess and didn't get a single correct response. According to the internet claims, "it takes a couple of tries before it works". But at 4 retries a minute for over an hour (250+ attempts) it still couldn't download one single file. Still, if anyone is willing to try it for longer, just Google "anti-recaptcha for JDownloader" and you'll find the file I used. If it worked, I'd post it, but since it doesn't, why confuse people who'd think I posted it because it works.

The other highly recommended solution was a program called Mi-Pony, which is a replacement for JDownloader. I even tried it, and when the first Captcha came up, it looked good, because it highlighted some letters as unknowns for it, while asking me what the whole thing said. But when I filled in the box, figuring it just need a few tries to start working, the whole program just locked up tighter than a drum and refused to do anything else. I shut it down and tried again with the same results, and even let it run for 30 minutes to see if it was just working hard to save the data or something. Nothing.

Those were the only "solutions" I could find for getting around the Recaptcha. I listed them in case someone else wants to give them a try. But, I don't see much chance of either one of them working. But, with almost all hosts going to something similar, I figure it won't take much longer before someone comes up with a fix.

:smile:

18. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

Hey mate, I keep getting this problem from JDownloader when ever I try to download games from jeditowlie's thread ( FileServe ) :

When I add the link, it says file connection availability not checked. When I right click on the link and tell it to check the online status, it checks it, and then says the same thing.
    If I resume with all, then it says "File size unkown" and stays there in 0 bytes speed.

I asked around jedi's thread EVERYWHERE and no usefull or working answer. It only does this with File Server. WHY!?!?
    Please help with this............

NOTE : My JDownloader is fully updated and I check it's updates and even restart it and check and it says No Updates Available. So, I don't see where the "Need to be updated" thing blows.:smile:

19. Adanaliyik

I have a couple of things you can try.

1. Under Settings/ Plugins & Add-ons/ Host, find the entry for FileServe. Check that the outside 2 boxes of the 3 in the middle are checked, as well as the one at the far right of the screen. These boxes tell JDownloader whether or not to use that host service.

2. Copy one of the FS links to your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and see if it will come up. Your problem may be that FS is blocked where you are at and that you can't get there at all, which would explain the problem you are seeing. For example, MU is blocked in this country (Turkey). I get there by changing my DNS server, under TCP/IP properties, to 8.8.8.8. You may have the same issue.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know what the results are for these two ideas, and if they don't work, I'll try to think of something else.

:)

20. joecalzaghe22

joecalzaghe22 Newbie

Great tutorial thanks