How to burn xbox 360 games (video)

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by i24, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Michaeldtierney

Michaeldtierney New Member

quick question i followed all instructions on running my iso through abgx and your instructions on how to burn with image burn but when it goes to verify the disc it freezes up at 53% and freezes my computer. i had to unplug my computer to reset it. i took the disc and put it in my xbox and worked fine is it safe to play online and why is it freezeing? a

2. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

In the tutorial, it says to untick the verify box. And yes, it is safe online. But remember, there is ALWAYS the chances of getting banned online by playing backups. Stealth patching, flashing with latest firmwares just reduces the chance down to 3-5%.

3. viper24189

viper24189 New Member

do u have to mod your xbox if so how to mod
    and is this nuber for all 1913760 time u burn or the it base on the game

4. Ghost ic0n

I think you mean by "Flashing" your Xbox's DVD drive. That's the mod that allows you to play back-ups/burnt games and play online as well. To mod your xbox, check out my tutorials thread in the tutorials section for more information.

That's only for XGD2 games. All games released after Dead Island are XGD3 games. There is a different method of burning them. You need a Liteon iHAS DVD burner flashed with iXtreme Burner MAX firmware, Verbatim DVD+R DL (Made in Singapore versions ONLY!) discs, and the latest IMGBurn. All you have to do is leave layer break to "calculate optimal", untick "verify" and burn onto Verbatim DVD+R DL discs with Liteon iHAS burner.

5. drizion

drizion New Member

Nice thanks for this thread im learning more and more from this board ..

6. BigBossMan2012

BigBossMan2012 New Member

on my disk drive it says dvd+rw dl will that be able to burn the games

7. Ghost ic0n

Same thing. Just make sure it's Verbatim and it's the Made in Singapore version (available from XConsoles.com at good rates). Plus, you're going to have to have a Liteon iHAS B chip drive flashed with iXtreme Burner MAX FW (tutorial to do so is in the tutorials>flashing section). You can purchase a Liteon iHAS B chip drive from XConsoles as well.

8. Killasean

Killasean New Member

i don't think he read your last post.. you all ready said that lol..

1 person likes this.
  9. Ghost ic0n

Since when DID people read before posting lol?

10. TTwist3d

TTwist3d New Member

hi i have an xbox which is not modded but i have various downloaded games for it and 8.5gb dual layer disks so i can burn the games on to... but how do i play/boot the games if my xbox aint modded.....i saw on youtube about this disk that can boot it up called wave 4 is it true

11. Ghost ic0n

That does not work anymore due to the recent patches M$ has been dishing out (known infamously as "Dashboard Updates"). You NEED to have your 360's drive flashed in order to play burnt games. Oh, and make sure you Stealth Patch the .iso's before playing them. Tutorial on how to do so is right HERE. Also, you need to be using c4eva's Burner MAX Payload Tool to burn your games. That should keep you set for whatever games you want to burn as long as you follow the procedures.

12. TTwist3d

TTwist3d New Member

Thanks but can you show me how to burn my games cos i downloaded this game called portal 2 it comes with " files one ISO and the other dvd.. but how do i go along burning the dvd file using imgburn as many people choose to do?? and what exactly should i do with both of them...

13. Ghost ic0n

The tutorial in this thread (1st post) tells you what to do. Pick the .dvd file as the file that you want to burn BUT make sure the .iso file is in the same location as the .dvd file! Oh, and make sure you use the Burner MAX Payload Tool and Verbatim DVD+R DL discs if you want perfect burns.

14. ratchet78

ratchet78 New Member

i'm also new to this 1stly how can you tell you even have a dual dvd burner? i have no idea if i even have one in my tower. i am on a PC by the way. and do i need to buy a flash or is it something i can download?