How To Install Custom Themes (14699 Dash Compatible)

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by Ghost ic0n, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

How to install custom themes ( works with new Dashboard! )

I MUST WARN YOU. MICROSFOT MAY BAN YOU IF THEY GO STUPIDER THAN NORMAL. THOUGH IT IS VERY UNLIKELY THAT THEY WOULD BAN ANYONE FOR THIS. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Hi everyone!

I'm back with my second tutorial ( and there are more to come! ). Today, I'll be showing you the easiest technique in installing custom themes to your Xbox 360. Isn't it about time you got something proper to read and understand?:laugh:
    This tutorial works with the latest dashboard and updates. Oh, and did I mention it works with the new Xbox 360 Slim? Well now I did.:confused:

Requirements

1. USB Flash drive with FAT32 system : If you have the a USB drive that does NOT have a FAT32 system; then please don't panic. Just read my tutorial HERE on making any USB to a FAT32 system.

2. USBXTAFGUI_v44 : Download Here

3. Your theme that you are going to inject into your Xbox 360 : You can find alot of great themes at my custom theme thread HERE.

4. Complete confidence.

Setting-up for Injecting Theme

Ok, now that you have all of your requirements, it's time we set things up before you start with your themes.

- Start by making sure your USB drive has been configured for use of your Xbox 360's personal components. A good tutorial on how to configure your USB drive made by Microsoft it's self can be found HERE

Note : Ignore it when Microsoft warns you of "USB company not compatible" bull. The Xbox 360 will even give you those warning that "your USB isn't good" after it's little test. That's just so you buy Microsoft's cheap USB drive.
    The important thing is that as long as you give your Xbox 360 atleast 1GB of storage, then everything will go fine no matter what. I done the same and nothing has happened to me so far.

- Download USBXTAF from the link I provided you with and then go ahead and extract it and place the .exe file in any folder you wish to. There is no need to install the program. That is a really cool feature of this tiny little beast.

Injecting your Theme to your USB Flash Drive

- Plug-in your USB drive to your computer and open-up USBXTAF. Then, go to "File>Open Device Selector".

[​IMG]

- Now that the Device Selector is open, click on the "Open Device" button I marked in blue.

[​IMG]

Note : See the name of the drive and it's size I marked in red? Your's may differ from what mine is showing. But, as long as it shows something similar ( I.e : Finds a drive ), then everything is good to go.

- Now we will have 2 folders. One called "Cache Partion" and the other one called "Data Partition". We will be focusing on the "Data Partition" folder in this tutorial.

[​IMG]

- Right click on the Data Partition folder and then on "New Folder".

[​IMG]

- Name the new folder "Content" without the "".

[​IMG]

Note : The Xbox 360 is VERY picky with spelling. So make sure you make NO mistake and that you capitilize the letter I did to make it work.

- Right click on the "Content" folder and then on "New Folder".

[​IMG]

- Name the new folder "0000000000000000" without the "".

[​IMG]

- Right click on the folder "0000000000000000" and click on "New Folder".

[​IMG]

- Name the new folder "FFFE07D1" without the "".

[​IMG]

- Right click on the "FFFE07D1" folder and click on "New Folder".

[​IMG]

- Name the new folder "00030000" without the "".

[​IMG]

- See how on the right the folder we just created has the "Theme" prefix ( I marker in red in the pic below ) to it? Well, to make it simple, the "00030000" holds the themes whilst the "00020000" holds the gamerpics/gamerpic packs.

[​IMG]

Injecting Theme into USB Drive

About time isn't it? We've been through alot of setting-up. It's time to now finally inject your theme(s) into your USB flash drive so you can transfer it to your Xbox 360!

- Start by opening the folder that contains your theme whilst keeping the USBXTAF program still open and visible. Now simply drag your theme ( marker in red. I'll be using my Medal of Honor theme I designed ) into the open space I marked in BLUE.
    Make sure that you first have your "Themes" folder ( 00030000 ) open in USBXTAF and that you drag your theme into it.

[​IMG]

- Your GUI should look like this now :

[​IMG]

- Go ahead and click on "File>Close Current Drive" to complete this part of the tutorial.

[​IMG]

Installing Theme to Xbox 360

Note : I do not have a camera of some sort to take pictures off of my TV and post them here. So, you will have to pay close attention and read with your eyes wide open so you don't screw things up. Thanks!

- Insert your USB to your Xbox 360 while it is OFF.

- Fire-up 360 and scroll on to "System Settings".

- From there, click on "Memory" ( It should have a little lock icon by it ).

- Select your USB Flash drive.

- Press "Y" from your controller to transfer the content.

- When it asks you where you want to transfer your content, either select the Hard Drive or the Xbox 360's built-in memory.

- No need to select anything else. Simply start the transfer by moving your LEFT analog stick to the right and click on the highlited "Start Transfer" button.

- Once it's done. Select your theme from "Change Theme" option in your profile and enjoy!

That's all there is to it. Just alot of creating directories. There isn't anything that should be bugging you. Though, if you still have any questions or comments, please post them in this thread. Do NOT PM me.

Here is a video tutorial made by rema :

[ame]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_pm7nXkVKFQ[/ame]

Some extra info :

* When transfering theme(s) from USB to Xbox 360, make sure you transfer it to the SAME section to where your profile is located. Otherwise, if you are using the new dashboard, it will be labled as corrupt.

* You can transfer multiple themes at once from USBXTAF. Just drag them one at a time to make sure it doesn't over heat.

* Make the folders starting from Content all the way to the 00030000 folder and simply drag and drop them in the Data Partition folder to make life easier the next time you transfer anything.

Oh, and most importantly :

If this tutorial helped, please make a comment to keep this thread alive. Even a mear "thanks" is good enough.
    But, a +rep is more than welcome.;)

2 people like this.
  2. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

Re: How to install custom themes ( works with new Dashboard! )

Here I made a Video Tutorial :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pm7nXkVKFQ[/ame]

Please Sub and add me as friend

3. Ghost ic0n

Thanks rema! I've added the video in my first post.:mellow:

4. Ghost ic0n

Oh, and I don't have a Youtube account. So I can't sub.:mellow:

5. penthios

penthios Newbie

sweet

6. wolfy001

wolfy001 Member

Hi Ghost, tried this but the program wont find me Usb drive, its already formatted to FAT32 as i used it to update the 360..Ive also manually tried to locate the drive, it finds it in the My computer part but when i select it, it comes up say cant find a part of the path J:\Xbox360?????

7. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

Did you put your usb in the xbox and formatted it ??? If not do it and it will work !

If not i have another idea

8. Ghost ic0n

Put it in the 360 and format it using the 360's format option. From there, configure the USB drive as shown at xbox.com.

9. wolfy001

wolfy001 Member

Hi Rema, configured the Usb in 360, worked perfect...Thanks..Hey is there one to download and change avatars? Thanks again... :biggrin1:

10. Ghost ic0n

Downloading and changing avatar clothes/props/etc. requires a JTAG console. Other than that, the most to most you can do with an avatar with a non-JTAG console is change its color.

11. Ririe

Ririe Well-Known Member

Nice tut ghost.

I have tons of custom and premium themes that can be used doing this if anyone wants em.

http://your360stop.com/topic/17047-huge-collection-of-premuim-custom-360-themes/

12. Ghost ic0n

Thanks for the offer ririe! But the theme thread I have at the GFX section is mine and rema's personal workshop. No accepting foreign themes plus we only upload them on Mediafire. The most download friendly and user friendly file host site EVER!!!

13. Ririe

Ririe Well-Known Member

Lol wasn't trying to steal your thunder ghost. Ive had that thread up fo a while and figured people who read this may want to use some of my themes.

14. Ghost ic0n

That's fine with me.