How to make a Custom Harddrive for the Xbox 360

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by QuickSkope, Nov 19, 2009.

1. QuickSkope

QuickSkope All Star

This tutorial will show you how to flash a non-xbox 360 harddrive to work in an Xbox 360. BEFORE YOU ASK. It DOES work with the new dashboard update.

You must have one of these harddrives in the right size (2.5 inch):
    - WD Scorpio Series BEVS/BEAS
    - WD Scorpio Blue Series BEVS/BEVT
    - WD Scorpio Black Series BEKT/BJKT
    - WD VelociRaptor Series

Sizes are:
    - 20GB
    - 60GB
    - 120GB
    - 250GB

Note: if you use, for example a 500GB HDD, you will only have 250 GB usable for games because MS has not released a HDD bigger than 250.

Instructions:
    1. Download iPrep, HddHackr, and all size Hddss.bin files http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EX8A3SWW
    2. Install iPrep.
    3. Replace ixDef.xml in C:\Program Files\iPrep\Resources
    4. Open iPrep, load the three firmwares from the "Firmwares" folder, select your sata device (which makes sure it finds the correct port for hddhackr - fixed my problem), Pick your target Device (the letter of your Flash Drive), Check the "Format/Make Bootable" check box, leave "include batch files" checked, and try using FAT as the selection. If you get an error when you hit Start, change it to FAT32 - that's what I had to do. Then hit Start.
    5. When it's done copying the files to it, open the flash drive up, and copy "Hddhackr.exe" and "hddss.bin" straight into the folder, no subfolders.
    5. Shutdown the computer, plug your harddrive into the sata port and power port, leave the flash drive in, and restart your computer. Make sure you change your boot options or go to the boot menu and boot from the Flash drive.
    6. It will load and leave you at "C:\"
    7. Just type in "hddhackr -f"
    8. Let it find you sata card and harddrive, and push "Y".
    9. Then it should do what it does. Shutdown the computer and wait 10 seconds. Then turn it back on, and boot back to the USB Drive.
    10. Type "Hddhackr -f" again and it should say it's ready for the xbox!
    11. Put it in the Xbox 360 and Format the harddrive, requiring you to enter the serial # of your Xbox.

hit the +rep button if this helped

2. zephyrox

zephyrox Senior Member

Re: make a Harddrive for Xbox 360

thanks QuickSkope but this tut just isn't in-depth enough for me. i have an arcade i'd like to make a 250 or 120g for but i know there's no way i could pull it off using just this tutorial. i have flashed a couple 360's so i know i'm not a complete moron. if you could go step by step on this that would be appreciated. thanks.

3. QuickSkope

QuickSkope All Star

What is the confusing part.

4. sxmkid

sxmkid Senior Member

pictures quickscope! go! lol <3 [​IMG]

5. Dinujan

Dinujan Member

how do yo put a SATA harddrive in the xbox port?

6. saaqi

saaqi Newbie

you just saved me 200$ sir kudos to you I honestly don't know how to thank you

7. saaqi

saaqi Newbie

can I use Seagate Hard Drive please please answer soon a guy selling its used and really really cheap please tell me as soon as possible

8. i24

i24 Administrator Staff Member

I believe you could, not 100% sure though

9. saaqi

saaqi Newbie

Ok thank you very much sir.

10. Dave

Dave Member

11. QuickSkope

QuickSkope All Star

I dont think you need to be savy, but thats a good price.

12. aaqibi

aaqibi Newbie

The link to the files is not working :D

13. johnscrub39

johnscrub39 Member

Am sorry for asking this dumb question but in your steps it says". Replace ixDef.xml in C:\Program Files\iPrep\Resources"...what do i replace it with?I got a wd 250 really cheap off tiger direct and want to upgrade from my little 20gb..thanks

***MEVERMIND I AM LITTLE SLOW THIS MORNING,SHOULD HAVE UNRARED FILES FIRST B4 ASKING!!!*****THANK YOU!!

14. dotime

dotime Newbie

i would really like to know if i can put my flashd benq drive in my xbox elite that has a lite on drive in it? if so how to? thanks for the help

15. johnscrub39

johnscrub39 Member

Dotime ..this is wrong section but yes you can swap the drives provided you have the key for the liteon and can reflash the benq with it to work...but it is not recomended to spoof a drive to another.if you play on live...your best bet is to have the liteon flashed....just go to tut section and search there you will find all you need..

16. dotime

dotime Newbie

Ok thanks for the help

17. agonzlop

agonzlop Newbie

graciasssssssssssssssssssssssssss

18. agave

agave Newbie

tahnks man