How To Stealth Patch Xbox360 Games (Xgd2 Only!)

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by Ghost ic0n, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

[G.I.T.]How to Stealth Patch Xbox360 Games (pics+.pdf+vid) {XGD3 updated}

INTRODUCTION

Hey everybody!
    I'm Ghost ic0n and today, I will show you how to stealth patch and verify your games using abgx360. This is currently, the most up-to-date guide and is the easiest to follow aswell.
    This guide has been updated to match the abgx360 database after the latest XGD3 (2.0.13146.0) Dashboard update. Oh, and before you could ask;

This tutorial does NOT work with XGD3 games since abgx360 is not updated to patch XGD3 games nor is it currently required to stealth patch XGD3 games. Flashing your Liteon iHAS DVD Burner with iXtreme Burner Max firmware and burning the legit 0800 firmware XGD3 rip on Verbatim DVD+R DL (Manufactured in Singapore versions!) and installing the XGD3 game to your Xbox 360's HDD is the recommnended way of playing XGD3 games safely.

Now, let's get started.

REQUIREMENTS

• abgx360 v1.0.5: Download Now!

• video waves 1-7: Download Now!

• video waves 8-11: Download Now!

• The Xbox360 game's .iso file.

• Your console be flashed with LT+ 1.92 or higher.

SETTING-UP FOR STEALTH PATCH

Before you could get your hands dirty with stealth patching your game, we're going to have to set the correct settings in abgx360 so the stealth patch goes smoothly and doesn't collapse during the process due to the lack of care tooken in the settings.

1. Open abgx360 and click on the "Options" tab.

[​IMG]

2. Set all of your settings the way mine are in the picture below.

[​IMG]

3. On to the "Manually Patch or Extract Files" tab.

[​IMG]

4. Same as Step 2.

[​IMG]

5. Now, on to one of the most important tabs - The "Autofix" tab.

[​IMG]

6. Same as Step 2.

[​IMG]

7. On to the "Rebuilding" tab.

[​IMG]

8. Same as Step 2.

[​IMG]

9. Now, the final tab - The "Misc" tab.

[​IMG]

10. Same as Step 2 ( Notice the "Region" box empty. I will cover that in the next step ).

[​IMG]

11. Click on the "Select" box by the region code text box.

[​IMG]

12. Tick all of the region boxes to set it to "Region Free"!

[​IMG]

You will notice it change to region free when you launch the stealth patching mechanism. I don't need to explain this and neither do I have the time to. To make it simple, it is recommended that you just follow whatever I do. Though, if you are still paranoid that something might go wrong, go ahead and only tick the box to your console's corresponding region.

13. You should have something like this now in the abgx360 GUI:

[​IMG]

NOTE: If you ticked regions that differ from my settings, then the code written in the region box will be different than the one in the above image.

14. Time to save the settings. Click on the "File" menu on the top left and then "Save Settings".

[​IMG]

( If you want to just take a shortcut, then simply press Ctrl+S and you will be taken to the save settings menu ).

15. Keep the name how it is and click on "Save".

[​IMG]

NOTE: By keeping the name to "Defualt", the settings we just fixed will automatically load when you start abgx360. A HUGE relief since you won't have to redo all of the settings every time you start abgx. All you have to do once the settings are saved is to start abgx, load your .iso and patch! Isn't that easy?
    Or, if you have a problem with making your life easy, then don't save the settings at all. Or, you can name it to something else and then manually load it every time you start abgx. Sounds like a good excuse to make you follow what I done in this tutorial.

STEALTH PATCHING YOUR XBOX 360 GAME

Yay! The time has come to stealth patch! I bet you were dying to get here about now. No worries, we are starting... NOW!

16. From the "Misc" tab, click on the "Quickstart" tab.

[​IMG]

17. From there, click on the small open folder icon with an arrow on it ( highlighted in blue ).

[​IMG]

18. Select the .iso you are going to stealth patch and click on "Open".

[​IMG]

NOTE: In this tutorial, I am using my rip of Call of Duty Black Ops. As you are informed of, it is a ap2.5 infected game. I am using this game to make sure you have in no doupt what so ever that this tutorial is faulty or will not work. You can use whichever copy you want, not that this method is limited to only ap2.5 games lol.

The process of ap2.5 games might take a little longer than non-ap2.5 games as it takes abgx advanced procedures to fix the blank ap2.5 relay sectors. You will see how the results are at the end of this tutorial.
    Also note that I do not have the .dvd file which is the file required for burning your back-up game. That is because abgx automatically makes the .dvd file for you and even checks it. It is ok if you have the .dvd file already, abgx will only check to see if it is corrupt or not and will not make another .dvd file.

19. The directory of your .iso will appear in the long text box which means you the .iso is loaded into abgx and is ready for stealth patching. Now, just click on the massive Launch button to start the rodeo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's the result of my stealth patch which is 100% succesfull. This applies to non-ap2.5 games aswell except, you can skip out the ap2.5 part ( the one in red text ).

20. Atlast, you should be left with 2 files: The .iso and the .dvd file.

[​IMG]

FINISHED!

Yep, that was all there was to it. Sure it may seems lenghty in this tutorial, but in reality, it takes a very short amount of time. I just made every thing step-by-step so you don't have any questions left to ask when you're finished with the guide.
    Hence the little little details and demonstrations I gave should cover-up some of those empty spaces in your mind regarding abgx or stealth patching.

Thought it was a breeze watching your game get stealth patched and having the feeling of 100% LIVE security felt good? Well, no different over here. ;)

If you followed the tutorial 100% without making any changes of your own, then there is in no way that your stealth patch would fail. If still, somehow, you are getting errors or are un-eligible to patch your game properly, feel free to contact me.

FAQs

Q: I am getting a "Verification Failed" message in yellow during stealth patching. Why?

A: You get that message when you are stealth patching a raw copy. Or in other words, a fresh backup that has never been stealth patched before. No need to worry about it, when you get that message, abgx automatically patches it and when it says "SS looks valid" in green, that means your problem is fixed.

Oh, and if you stealth patch a succesfully stealth patched game again, then you will not get that message. Doesn't matter as it fixes it the first time. No need to run the second time.

Q: At the end of the patching process, I get a message in red about the DVD not matching and then four reasons listed under it for the occurance of that message. Fix?

A: The reasons for the occurance of that message ARE those four points. But one not listed in it is if a previous stealth patch attempt was interrupted and not completed.

ADDITIONAL INFO

If you've still got questions or anything, feel free to leave a message.

Please do not send PMs. They will be rejected. I do NOT offer support through PMs.

And most importantly, if you want to thank me for the hardwork put into making this tutorial, then giving a simple +rep will be good enough.:)

OFFLINE GUIDE

I've also written and published an offline .pdf file guide made with care and high quality in MS Word 2010 for the users who don't want to come online now and then just to view the tutorial. Yes, I do know, some places have expensive internet and I do not want to make you suffer to pay for it.

Instead, you can simply download the .pdf file guide ( requires Adobe Reader to view ) and make your life alot more easier:

Download the Offiline Guide Now!

Video Tutorial

NOTE: Video tutorial is made by me. So don't hesitate to watch thinking some retarded muppet made it. I cover all of the steps with proper explanation in the video aswell. Enjoy!

6 people like this.
  2. eferia

eferia Newbie

Re: How to stealth patch and verify games with abgx360

helped! thank you

3. Ghost ic0n

Your welcome mate.;)

1 person likes this.
  4. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

I have a question what is the difference doing this steps and before with abgx 1.03 just doing the auto fix and region ?;)

5. Ghost ic0n

I've seen some previous tutorials and decided to write this one because the new abgx360's user interface is kind of different and has some new widgets. I compared this to an old abgx360 tutorial and it's options were comepletely different.

6. hollywood

hollywood Newbie

thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. Ghost ic0n

Your welcome mate. Oh, and try not to quote the whole thing next time. It causes page stretch. Thanks in advance.:)

8. jadav484

jadav484 Newbie

Hi there,

do I have to stealth patchthe game after downloading it from www.your360stop.com????

I downloaded RDR and it shows unreadable disc in Xbox

pls help

9. Ghost ic0n

Yes, you first download the game, then you stealth patch it's .iso file.

10. MR_L4ZY

MR_L4ZY Newbie

The files for wave 8-9 are down

11. Ghost ic0n

Thanks for letting me now, the links are all refreshed and back up again. Now, I replaced the "wave8-9" with the "wave 8-10" to keep it up-to-date.:confused:

12. chuckstabx

chuckstabx Newbie

ty bro

13. Ghost ic0n

Your welcome bro.

14. Shine

Shine Member

my question is in the stealth check what should we look for? like i get green and yellow messages,is that ok?
    also i wave 6 mod on my agbx is that good enough?
    also can you upload the different waves to a different host cause i hate waiting 20min between each download :/

15. Ghost ic0n

Yellow lines are not good I think. I just stealth patched my Modern Warfare 2 yeterday and I got no yellow lines. You should NOT be doing anything regarding mods with abgx360 besides what I have told you to do in this thread. So go ahead and uninstall everything you have of abgx360 including it's wave mods and do what I told you to do. Thanks.

Oh, and yes, I am going to re-upload the files to Mediafire. Their speeds are amazingly fast even for a slow connection like mine and it's a no wait, no hassle download. Hotfile is a messed-up mother f*cker. I hate it the worst out of all file hosts. Don't worry bro, I'll be getting the link up in Mediafire today.:wavespin:

16. Ghost ic0n

Re: How to stealth patch and verify games with abgx360 (fixes ap2.5 aswell!)

Ok mates! I've re-uploaded the links to Mediafire which wont go offline since they are under my moderation. Enjoy blazing fast download speeds only from MEDIAFIRE!!!:wavespin:

17. Shine

Shine Member

thanks broski :wavespin:

18. Ghost ic0n

Hey, wasn't your username MW2? Lol. Ninja'd

19. charlsy

charlsy Newbie

hey, im a noob on this stuff so i really need help. so i downloaded abgx and i wanna know what are those waves (and what is the meaning of wave) for? and once i have downloaded them where should i put them? should i paste them to the folder "STEALTHFILES"? a quick reply will really help because i wanna play online to get the achievements. thanks!

20. charlsy

charlsy Newbie

ok i get it, i already read the instructions, so i have to extract the zipfiles and install it and abgx will automatically configure it? sorry about that first post. could you still explain what those waves are?