Injecting Topology Data Using Xbc

Discussion in 'XBOX 360 Tutorials' started by Ghost ic0n, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

Injecting Topology Data using XBC

The following tutorial will take you through the simple process of inserting Topology Data into your XGD3/ap2.5 backups using Xbox Backup Creator to be able to play them on iXtreme LT 3.0.

Requirements:

1. Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build:0350
    AP25 Topology Files

Overview:
    For all XGD2/XGD3 AP2.5 games to boot with LT+ v3.0 they must be patched with a topology data that is a median from hundreds of rips and millions of calculations by members of all the contributing teams (C4E, Seacrest, redline99, Team Jungle & Team Xecuter).

Note: You don't make your own topology file. if you rip your own game with the new XBC you still need to patch with one of the above median patches.

There are currently two patches available:

1) XGD2.COD-BO.COD-MW2.Halo-Reach.top.data.v1.bin SUITABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING GAMES ONLY:

a. Call of Duty: Black Ops
    b. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    c. Halo: Reach (XGD2 ONLY, don’t use this on backups of the XGD3 beta)

(Other XGD2 AP2.5 titles such as ACB, Fable3, NFS:HS etc will come later)

These games have the exact same topology and therefore can share the same profile data. This was confirmed by doing at least 35 iterations of profile data for each game and analyzing the results. Over millions of measurements, not a single one deviated from the median by more than 1 degree, and there were no cumulative effects at all. These games are identical in the way they were mastered.

2) XGD3.Profile.ID.F87A804E.top.data.v1.bin
    Suitable for all XGD3 games with this disc profile ID: 0C3DF524599094E6CB87ECC8-F87A804E

This covers
    ALL current XGD3 releases (at the time of writing) except for the Halo: Reach XGD3 beta.

Note: If you have a title such as Driver (Sputnik) that doesn't work - the original needs to be ripped again using the new XBC and then patched.

All images must be burned using a Liteon iHas BurnerMax drive and the latest IMGBURN using (preferably) verbatim MKM-001 or MKM-003 discs. We do not support truncated backups in anyway so do not ask for help or support on these at all. You will be ignored.

Patching an image is easy simply follow these steps:

1. Open Xbox Backup Creator v2.9 Build 0350

1) Select the "Image Tools" Tab
    2) Select the Action "Inject"
    3) Click the "AP25 Sector" button

[​IMG]

2. Select the game image file (.iso) and click "Open". This example shows Assassins Creed: revelations which is an XGD3 title.

[​IMG]

3. Select the XGD3 median file and click "Open"

[​IMG]

4. That's it the image is patched. It was that simple! (You may see a message that says dae.bin not located - ignore that its just a bug in the log)

[​IMG]

Now go burn your image with a Liteon iHas Burnermax drive using Verbatim MKM-001/MKM-003. We do not support any other burners or methods such as truncated discs as these may not be safe on live and may not even boot so do not ask for support if you don't use Liteon iHAS Burnermax to burn your images.

Offline .pdf Guide:

I have also published an offline .pdf version for this guide. Download it Now!

Credits to Ubergeek from Team Xecuter for the guide. Additional editing/modifying, exporting to .pdf and publishing on the web done by Ghost ic0n. You have permission to duplicate this guide or host anywhere else as long as full credits are given.

2 people like this.
  2. yungboy29

yungboy29 Newbie

can i use this method instead of abgx 1.06 when it comes out

3. Killasean

Killasean New Member

i guess you could.. But The Profile ID is only good on the Xg3d games that our out in stores now.. They dont know if it will work on newer games,,
    but anyways why not use the new Abgx when released and skip this whole process, and will 100% correct patches..

4. yungboy29

yungboy29 Newbie

yeah i guess thats what im gonna do

5. Ghost ic0n

This method is for those who can't wait to get back online. abgx method is recommended, of course. Though, this works for all games released at the time or writing. So, there isn't anything wrong with it. Besides, the median files I provided are matched and configured by TX, C4E, Seacrest, and TJ which took them hundreds of dumps and checks to get right. Basically, this method, currently, is top-notch provided the quality of the median files.

6. lopez.isai

lopez.isai Member

when i do all the step for patching the xgd3 games it says error at the end. HELP

7. ko9000

ko9000 New Member

Thanks for the tutorial :D +rep

8. Ghost ic0n

What error? What does the error say? Can you post a pic or show me your XBC log?

9. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  10. raviloga

raviloga New Member

How do I know whether a game is ap 2.5?
    I have ihas 124b with ixtreme fw. I have successfully verified the .iso with abgx 1.0.6. Do I still need to inject the topology data to play online safe? Or can I burn it with opc write option using imgburn?

11. Ghost ic0n

Check the list of ap2.5 games at abgx360.net.

No need to. abgx360 is the new and preferred way of injecting topology data.

Enable that option only if you are using Verbatim DVD+R DL (Made in Singapore versions) MKM-003 discs.