Megaupload Ready Comeback, Code Is 90% Done

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by i24, Sep 24, 2012.

1. i24

i24 Administrator Staff Member

Dotcom (MU Founder) previously announced that he planned to bring Megaupload back to life, and new information suggests that this may happen rather quickly. In an update this weekend he tweets that most of the work on the second incarnation of the site is already done.
    “Quick update on the new Mega: Code 90% done. Servers on the way. Lawyers, partners and investors are ready,” Dotcom teases.
    “Be patient it’s coming,” he adds.

From the brief progress update it’s clear that the site is on schedule for launch later this year. In addition, it’s interesting to note that despite the ongoing criminal case, partners and investors are happy to be involved.
    In recent weeks Dotcom has delivered several hints about the new Megaupload, which hey says will be bigger and better than the file-hosting service that was taken down.

“We are building a massive global network. All non-US hosters will be able to connect servers & bandwidth,” he explained earlier.
    According to Dotcom we can expect a Megaupload with an even greater range of applications than just file-sharing. While developers of file managers are being encouraged to get in touch for early API access, Dotcom is also calling out to those involved in email and fax tools, VOIP and video apps.
    It’s clear that Dotcom doesn’t have the slightest urge to throw in the towel.

“They abused the wrong guy. I am going to turn this world upside down. Power to the people. Bye bye Echelon. Hello Freedom,” Dotcom added.
    It will be at least a few more weeks before the new Megaupload appears online, but there are exciting times ahead. MEGA exciting.

Source: TorrentFreak

2 people like this.
  2. izerom

izerom Substitute Teacher

Good news!
    I guarantee there will be no problems with getting it running, investors are probably going crazy.

3. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

That is going to be awesome, help they improve the interface and the design. Mediafie has the best design and i love the interface

4. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

Kim Dotcom is no joke. He used to be (and probably still is) one of the most dangerous hackers out there. Of course, his coding skills are most likely unparalleled. He lived in a mansion that had two gun-men guarding it according to NZ (New Zealand) police. How to make so much money online? You've got to be a master in the art of business. So yeah, I guess we can expect some pretty good stuff from this new "Mega Upload".

Oh, and how did he manage to get free from jail when he was caught with a shotgun and several other cases like money laundering? Lol, this dude is one hell of a customer. :p

1 person likes this.
  5. i24

i24 Administrator Staff Member

They have released some teaser screenshots:

MEGA encryption

[​IMG]

MEGA file manager
    [​IMG]

src:torrentfreak

6. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

No fair i wanted to post that but I forgot :shocked...again:

7. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

Any news that MEGA Encryption feature is for free users?