Phat Xbox 360 With Built-In 7" Screen

Discussion in 'GFX Showroom' started by xEvilx BumBle B, Jul 28, 2012.

1. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

This is my first build ever...​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Ghost ic0n

Ghost ic0n Helpful Member*

Finally something more advanced than just a paint-job/lighting work. Any insight on how you got around to doing that? [​IMG]

3. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

on another website I am on I was following the build of another member, Ozzylow not sure if you've heard of him, I believe he uses the same username on a few sites. He did a build on a few xbox slims, with the help of some steps he showed and Google I managed to pull it off myself.

4. rema

rema Moderator Staff Member

Can you connect to a TV, I mean separately from that little screen

5. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

yea it's wired directly to the motherboard, doesn't affect the a/v port. with the screen by itself or both the screen and tv synced together both will display @ 480i, or you can turn the switch off to the screen and run settings on the tv as normal. with both the screen and tv powered on you can try to change the video settings but it will not save because the screen is the primary video source and does not support anything other than 480i.

6. rema

Yeah I saw the tutorial on some other site. The thing I don't like about this is it's too small you have to hold it in your lap like a psp so you can see. Maybe try to put a bigger screen in a porter mode and then make a custom stand for the console.. :D

7. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

I was planning on using an old laptop 14" lcd for my next project, diorama of Dallas skyline with a screen as a billboard, but I ran into some problems. I posted on another site asking if anyone knew the power a video points of the lcd, currently waiting for any input otherwise I'll have to go with another 7" lcd, keep in mind both 7" lcd's were free.

[​IMG]

8. rema

Ok, keep us posted
    BTW nice tattoo

9. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

thanks man, I would've rather used the laptop screen but I think I fried it so I have a change in plans.

either I will will use the other headrest screen...
    [​IMG]

or I will use this flip screen radio somehow integrated with the city theme, this way I can have speakers ...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Ghost ic0n

My money's on the flip screen radio. Though, it looks a bit impractical.

11. izerom

izerom Substitute Teacher

This looks like a sweet modification project.
    I may learn to do this in the future, maybe not though, I am trying to convert to PC gaming.
    B)

12. rema

If i start that project i will try to put it in a case like Ben Heck... And make some kind of portable power supply.

13. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

if you were to just imagine it, it would seem impractical with the size of the radio and all the wires it has. Which is why I changed up the initial plan of having the billboard/screen and will just mount it to the front of the base.
    Just took what I imagined in my head and jotted it down on paper, here's what I plan it to look like once I've finished...
    [​IMG]
    I thought about it, but then I googled it and saw quite a few of them on the internet.

14. Ghost ic0n

.... And that's supposed to be? [​IMG]

15. xEvilx BumBle B

xEvilx BumBle B Newbie

some standout buildings in the Dallas Skyline that I will use and make a diorama with. having the dvd drive mounted in one buildings, mounting the in-dash to the front of the base, and LED's on the buildings which have lights on them.