Who Else Knows Akira?

Discussion in 'Entertaiment Discussions' started by R0ckoria, Mar 15, 2013.

1. R0ckoria

R0ckoria Well-Known Member

A really good Japanese Anime movie, not for the kiddies though. :) Torrent the extended edition or something an tell me what you think, I thought it was really amazing. Although to get the full experience you NEED the extended edition though, the normal movie is only like a half hour long. Extended is like 2 and a half. Anyway, watch it and tell me if you like it!

2. Bards73

Bards73 Well-Known Member

I saw Akira (the movie) for the first time about 10 years ago. An amazing film. I don't know about this short 30min odd version you speak off but the verison published/distributed by Madman Entertainmnet is the full length.

Until recently I used to own the full set of the original graphic novel series (in English) too. Like a lot of movies, if you thought the film was good you're probably going to the think the comic source it came from is brilliant. More detail, more back story...just...more. If you do, look out for the Epic Comics Akira 'Collection' volumes, though you'll proably have to look on eBay. Full colour, v.nice.

3. R0ckoria

R0ckoria Well-Known Member

I didn't know about the Graphic Novels, they sound awesome! Thank you for telling me! :)